This Fall brought a big improvement to Huffcutt’s precast plant; a 21,000 sq ft expansion. This addition houses a rebar matt system that will speed up production allowing for rebar mats to be manufactured per drawings uploaded from our DEEP department with a push of the button. It is the first of its kind in the USA and delivers unparalleled rebar securement and precision to our precast jobs.
This partnership with Stein Bros. Steel has been a part of our business for over 4 years, but recently made the move to our Lake Hallie facility. The welding plant is able to weld rebar connections, longitudinally and transversely, in milliseconds, enabling us to be more competitive when bidding and finishing jobs on time and on budget
What does this mean for Huffcutt?
- REDUCED LABOR COSTS
- Pre-assembly eliminates excessive time tying rebar.
- COMPRESSES SCHEDULE
- Installs 200-300% faster than individual pieces of rebar. Welded intersections eliminate labor-intensive hand-tying.
- WELDED JOINTS
- Factory welds lock steel into position during concrete pours.
- Rebar welded longitudinally and transversely with leading industry standards.
- SAVES MATERIAL
- Precision length cutting, no extra waste from over estimating product.
- PROMOTES HEALTH & SAFETY
- Safest and fastest rebar assembly in the industry.
- UNBEATABLE ACCURACY
- Welded rebar with custom spacings, dimensions and wire diameters.
Housing the rebar welding plant in Lake Hallie provides us with the ability to quote jobs with less shipping time and costs. We are proud to offer multiple resources for our customers and be the one source supplier for construction sites. To learn more about Stein Bros Steel visit our website.