EDUCATION & TOURS
IN DEPTH TOURS
Are you interested in learning more about precast?
Tour our entire facility to learn more about the benefits of precast concrete in design and earn (1) CEU credit.
We are an approved AIA Continuing Education Provider. Each tour is about 45 minutes with 15 minutes for Q&A.
MODERNIZED PRECAST WALL PANELS: ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN APPLICATION, MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGIES AND PRODUCTION TIMELINES
Attendees will learn first-hand how precast wall panel designs and engineering details are modernized and executed in a state-of-the art precast manufacturing plant tour. This course provides attendees the opportunity to observe and understand the automated manufacturing processes of precast. Attendees will investigate precast capabilities and related quality issues that are combatted in a controlled environment, as well as discuss changes in the industry standards and the effects it has on design, production, and timelines. Participants will learn how precast fits within the entire building system, and how to specify precast concrete accurately and safely. By the end of the course, attendees will assess the process of wall panel production from design to delivery.
• Compare historical precast wall panel techniques to the modernized manufacturing process
• Relate design, production, and timelines to industry standards
• Learn about advanced precision form set up with a shuttering robot
• Discuss the benefits of precision placement of connections, form liners, and finishing enhancements with an automated plotter
• Observe power trowel finishing and understand the effectiveness of controlled heat curing
• Analyze stripping with tilting table capabilities
• Review how the automated process relates to structural design and engineering building codes
FULLY AUTOMATED PLANT
• SHUTTERING ROBOT
For precision forming and placement
• AUTOMATED POURING & COMPACTING EQUIPMENT
To assure high concrete quality and exact edge and border formation
• COMPUTERIZED POWER TROWEL
Guarantees the achievement of a smooth concrete surface
• DUAL MIXER BATCH PLANT
Customized batching controls to provide unmatched consistent finishes and color via all materials being stored inside and climate controlled, even the cement silos
You are invited to take an exclusive tour to learn more about the endless possibilities with Huffcutt’s state of the art manufacturing facility. Huffcutt’s NEW automated precast wall panel plant located in Chippewa Falls, WI boasts a never before seen manufacturing processes in the United States. This technology will bring quality and service to a new level, elevating innovation in precast. We encourage you to schedule your plant tour to see all that our organization has to offer. Plant tours are available at any time throughout the year with a confirmed appointment.